10 Ways to Save Money in the New Year; As the new year approaches, many people make resolutions to save more money and improve their financial situation.
It is important to prioritize your savings goals and in this short piece I will be sharing with you 10 ways you can start saving money in the new year:
- Make a budget: The first step to saving money is to know where your money is going. Create a budget that outlines your income and expenses, and track your spending to see where you can cut back. Need help with budgeting, then read this piece on budgeting for beginners
- Cut expenses: Many people would say cutting expenses is not the way to grow but to make more money. I beg to differ, when you can stay within a specific expense then you can look at a way to manage the money that comes in. Always look for ways to cut unnecessary expenses from your budget. This includes canceling subscriptions or switching to a cheaper cell phone plan. Look at ways, from shopping in bulk to splitting bills. All of these are active ways to cut down on your expenses.
- Shop around: Do not bother to spend when you have not compared if you are getting the best deal. Don’t just accept the first price you see – compare prices and shop around to find the best deals on the things you need. I will keep emphasizing the need to compare prices, you save more money when you can tell if you are shopping at a fair price or not.
- Cook at home: Eating out can be expensive, so try cooking at home more often. This can save you money on meals and also help you eat healthier. You should try this out and see the difference, you get to eat whole food, save money and relax with family and friends in the process.
- Use coupons and discounts: Look for coupons and discounts to save money on groceries, clothing, and other necessities. There are payment platforms and apps that you can use that would allow you to save money. There are also many stores that allow you to earn coupons and discounts that allow you to gather discounts and coupons. Do well to look for apps and stores or payment platforms that allow you to save money as you spend.
- Save on energy costs: Turn off lights and appliances when they’re not in use. consider making energy-efficient upgrades to your home to save on utility costs. When you do not need equipment that consumes high energy do well to turn them off, these may seem simple but would save you a lot of money in the long run.
- Use cash: Studies have shown that people tend to spend less when using cash instead of credit cards. Try using cash for your daily expenses to help you stay on budget. This is one of the 10 Ways to Save Money in the New Year.
- Start a side hustle: Earning extra income through a side hustle can help you save more money each month. There are so many opportunities to earn more money, from actively working a second job to doing things that you enjoy to make money. Locate these opportunities and key into them to make some extra cash for yourself, so that you can save money from the extra cash that you make as well as maintain your standard of living.
- Save your raises: Do not fall for the lifestyle creep, If you receive a raise or bonus at work, put that extra money into your savings account instead of increasing your spending. Save as much as possible in the first few months of a salary increase, so you can boost yourself.
- Automate your savings: This is the most important tip to save more money. Set up automatic transfers from your checking account to your savings account to make saving easier and more consistent. You can achieve this by making use of your saving application or requesting that your bank have a standing order to deduct a particular amount of money at a particular date every month.
By following these tips, you can start the new year off on the right foot and make progress toward your financial goals. let me know which of these 10 ways to save money in the new year you will be trying out.
Reach out to me via the contact form if you’d love to connect.